Fun with hot cococa candles
Updated: Nov 21, 2022
Looking for a cozy and festive way to celebrate the holiday season? Why not try making your own hot chocolate candle? This easy DIY project only requires a few household ingredients and supplies, and it's a great way to add some extra warmth and ambiance to your home.
To make your own hot chocolate candle, you'll need:
-A Mason jar or other heat-resistant container
-1 cup of wax chips (You can use soy, beeswax, or paraffin wax. Soy wax is eco-friendly and burns cleaner than other types of wax, but it can be more expensive.)
-1 teaspoon of brownie or chocolate essential oil
-1 teaspoon of vanilla essential oil
-Optional wax melts from molds: marshmallows, candies, whipped topping (soy wax blended together until whipped), and/or a mug.
1. Start by melting your wax in a double boiler or in a heat-resistant bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
2. Once the wax is melted, stir in the blended oils
3. Pour the wax mixture into your Mason jar or other container, and add the wick in center.
4. Allow the wax to cool and harden. Trim the wick to about 1/2 inch before lighting.
5. When you're ready to enjoy your warm and cozy candle, light it and curl up with a blanket. You can even add some wax melts (marshmallows, candies, and/or whipped topping) to your hot chocolate for an extra special treat.